Prime Design Projects specialises in the design of factory layouts and production lines in FMCG industries, in particular dairy and nutritional industries. We are now looking for an experienced project engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
If you are an apprenticed/graduate engineer with 3 years’ work experience, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your career by taking part in a variety of manufacturing projects in different countries.
Based at home, you will work with the Prime Design Projects team, its customers and OEM suppliers to support the design, specification, installation and commissioning of production lines.
Main duties are:
1. Project engineering support;
a. Design line layouts and technical solutions
b. Specify production line equipment
2. Co-ordinate and monitor assigned projects with customers and suppliers, focussing on scope, schedule and budget
3. Validate equipment installation against specifications and engineering deliverables. Initiate corrective actions.
4. Communicate well and build good relationships
1. Contribute towards the success of Prime Design Projects growth strategy
2. On-going project process/procedure improvements
1. Supervise technical aspects of projects
2. Communicate with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) companies and customers
3. Develop and review equipment URS (User Requirement Specifications) Documents
4. Use CAD and 3D design software
5. Attend FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) at OEMs and record results
6. Monitor equipment installation accuracy and quality at customer sites
7. Supervise commissioning and SATs (Site Acceptance Tests) at customers’ sites
8. Manage HSE and technical risks
9. Follow HSE regulations and rules
10. Write and present regular project updates to stakeholders
This role is ideally suited to:
• apprenticed or graduate engineers/electricians with over 3 years’ experience in manufacturing capital projects; installing and commissioning equipment and production lines in dairy, beverage and nutritional industries.
• Some experience in CAD and 3D design will also be necessary.
Salary will be based on the experience of the candidate
40 hours per week, although variable and extended hours are necessary when working on international projects with different time zones.
This role also requires international travelling, occasionally for periods up to 4 weeks during installation and commissioning phases at long-haul destinations.
We shall review your application as quickly as possible and if it meets our requirements, we shall contact you for an initial conversation on Microsoft Teams.