The Prime Design team has a wealth of engineering experience ranging from facility and equipment design, through specification and technical procurement to complex
installation and validation. Whilst specialising in food and drink, and infant formula,
we also have experience of working across a diverse range of other industries including aviation, rubber compounding and construction materials.
This experience makes Prime Design a valued source of support and advice on the ‘nuts and bolts’ of an engineering project.
Whether the project be new or involve modifications to an existing facility, we have the skills to support our clients to deliver a first class outcome.
Services we offer are as follows:
- Engineering studies – we can explore and evaluate a defined project scope to
understand cost, risk and likelihood of success. We will also propose recommendations to optimise the project initial designs.
- Equipment specifications – we have a library of equipment specifications that we have created over many years.
These act as templates for us when creating new specifications and include important detail on equipment layout, construction materials, hygiene, preferred
equipment and integration, operability and performance expectations.
- Technical procurement – we have the capability to lead a technical
procurement campaign. We create all necessary tender documentation, select and brief suppliers for competitive tendering and finally critically evaluate
submitted bids and recommend who should be awarded each contract.
- Site management – our team includes experienced international project site managers. As the person in charge we control contractors, evaluate and monitor
RAMS, issue and control permits to work, manage risks and scrutinise work standards.
- Installation services – having worked on complex engineering projects all over the world, we have practical experience on how to effectively carryout
facility installations. We manage the planning and coordination of activities to enable a safe and efficient installation.
- Machine and Product Development – We have been asked on many occasions to manage (and/or contribute towards) the development of new production equipment.
In these assignments we bring cross industry experience and engineering insight to inform